ACTIVE-B12 the next level of vitamin B12 testing
Active-B12 (Holotranscobalamin) is a novel and highly accurate way to assess Vitamin B12 status. An ELISA assay for Active-B12 is now available from Axis-Shield.
Part Number FMABT100
This is a simple, direct immunoassay for the quantitation of Active-B12 (Holotranscobalamin) in human serum and avoids the need for the various complicated pre-analytical reduction and extraction steps employed by most Total B12 assays, so removing a possible cause of variability.
- CE-marked and available in 15 languages.
- 96-well ELISA assay with break-apart strips.
- Ready-to-use reagents, compatible with liquid-handling automates.
- Utilises serum or serum-separator tubes
- Calibrators and controls included
- Excellent correlation with other commercially-available assays:
In October 2011, Axis-Shield launched the Active-B12 test on Abbott’s flagship ARCHITECT analyser. This assay allows Active-B12 to be tested in high throughput laboratories. In December of 2011, the ARCHITECT assay was granted 510(k) clearance by the FDA and is now available in the USA.
Axis-Shield also produces the Active-B12 assay for the Siemens ADVIA CENTAUR platforms. This product is CE-marked and 510(k)-cleared for the USA.